Sunday, February 11, 2007

We are all Doomed...

Back in 2005, I was excited when I heard that there was a Splinter Cell movie in the making. Not any more...

I've just finished watching the DVD of "Doom", and I was kinda surprised by how lame, and lacking to originality the story was. How many times are we going to expect the Space Marines to come to save the day from Aliens? I felt like I was watching a modern version of the Movie Aliens, with better graphics, cooler guns, and some new scientific imagination, but as I said before, it was lacking originality.

I think the problem with movies that are inspired by video games, is that they are quite stupid. Which makes me wonder, why do we -I personally- enjoy the games so much? Is it because when I am playing the game, I don't expect to think about the story line as much? Or is it because when I am watching a movie, I expect to see something that will make me feel that I made a solid investment with my 10 dollars?

On a side note, the idea of Marines in Space is a cool idea. But with the emergence of ballistic missiles capable of blowing up satellites, I am kinda pessimistic about the deployment of the idea. As I am sure the idea of having Marines flying over you might actually piss off a lot of people in this world, including Army folks!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Monday, February 12, 2007 at 1:19:00 AM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, we have ballistic missiles capable of blowing up marines on the ground too. That never stopped them...

 
At Monday, February 12, 2007 at 2:04:00 AM EST , Blogger Aladin said...

Yeah, but what are the rules when it comes to attacking stuff in Space? Is there is a chapter in "International law" regarding that?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home