Wednesday, January 24, 2007

When is it right to beat your kids?

So, I just got home after a busy day trying to take care of some health care paper work, and going through the news I ran into this article on MSNBC.com "Airline defends removing family from flight". Of course, the first thing that jumped to my mind was, what now? Was it because they were praying too loud? Or was it because one of the passengers had too much facial hair? Or was it because someone tried to hide the odor of his crap?

I assume that you noticed from the sense of sarcasm of my assumptions that non of that happened, which is correct. The reason was because a whiny little brat didn't stop crying and the parents were unable to control the behavior of the three year old. I don't know what I would have done if I were in their place, given th R.O.E. (Rules of Engagement) between parents and children in the states, but I am sure a smack upside the head would have done some good.

I am not an advocate of child abuse, but I think that letting the kids run around without enforcing ways of discipline isn't the best way to raise kids. I had my share of head smacks growing up and I think I turned out OK -some might argue that, screw them - and I think it is the way to go.

So in the words of Russel Peters, "Beat your kids!" that should save your flight tickets next time!

-CZ

1 Comments:

At Saturday, March 10, 2007 at 10:53:00 AM EST , Blogger Cerebralwaste said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope you will come back and share things from your blog anytime you want!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home